Friday, September 22, 2006

my short lived acting career

sometimes we come across such people or episodes in our life which r simply funny... or maybe they leave us stunned... or with a 'dont know what to do' feeling...

im sure all of us have come across such times in our life.. some days back this episode just came to my mind.. it happened many years back when i was in college... its funny no doubt about it.. but i still dont know what to make out of it... so here it goes...

i was in degree college then... n had just completed some class... i was returning home n was waiting for a bus... now im such a kind of person that i dont really bother whos around me.. i dont really 'see' around.. always in my own world... so i didnt notice this man who was standing next to me...

when i entered the bus he sits next to me... i was going through my notes when he starts talking to me... first he says hi but then i didnt bother to respond...

after a while he says, "hey have u ever thought about acting as a career?"
i look at him n say, "no"
he says, "im a director of a movie n would like to have u take up auditions for my next film"

now obviously i thought he was fooling around... i gave him a dirty look n said i wasn't interested... he sat silent for a while... then he opened his bag n showed me some documents... they looked genuine to me.. about some movie he was making...

then he says, "y r u scared?"
i say, "im not "
he says, "look... if its about ur parents i can talk to them.. let me just speak to them"

now i get bugged... luckily my stops near.. so i get up.. say i have to leave.. but he follows me... he gets off too... i get darn pissed.. i ask him not to follow me... he again asks me if its about my parents... n then i stop him midway..

i tell him, "look mister whoever u r... i aint interested in acting... my parents decision comes later... i hope u get this in ur thick head that i do not want to act!... n now dare u follow me.. i'll go call the cops"

he was so stunned.. he didnt know what to say... (i can throw a lot of attitude when i want to)... i turn my back to him n just go home... by the time mom opens the door im laughing away to glory... she thinks i've lost it... n asks me what happened... i tell her the whole tale n she too bursts out laughing... but then we all know how moms r... after a min she says... y did u talk to him!!... y did u answer him!!.. what if he has followed u home!!!...

i had to pacify her for a long time after that... but this episode sure brings a smile on my face... alrite i know its nice to feel people think u look good... but the best part was the expression on his face when i left him... ohhhh give me one more chance n id say the same thing n see him stunned :p

laterzzz all... keep smiling :))))

11 comments:

Keshi said...

m000nie sweety he must have been mesmerised by those pretty eyes dun u think???

:)
Keshi.

Jim said...

DUMBASS

u cud have been the next Madhuri Dickshit

or Malikeya Sheerawat

Dont despair
Orikinla is scouting for talent too
its a XXX movie

Bhavesh said...

Oh no! I lost an opportunity to be famous too... You cant do this to all your bros...:(

He he..Cheers didi.

Suneet Mitra said...

....hahaha....nice one ...film directors be careful next and rethink your approach next time...

...nice read

Keep Smiling..

Keshi said...

m000nie Happy Dassera and MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Keshi.

Jim said...

http://imnutsincaps.blogspot.com/2006/10/for-your-children-from-fr-anil.html

tulipspeaks said...

lolz. i am smiling now sweetie. how have u been huh?

=ammu=

My Unfinished Life said...

hmmm...i know the feeling...i had the same experience once..but not for a film offer though..it was for modelling....i told the guy....(after inumerable attempts at ignoring him and his comments)man if ur such a big shot why do ya travel in bus... and im more into karate than modelling..that shut him up for gud....

My Unfinished Life said...

hmmm...i know the feeling...i had the same experience once..but not for a film offer though..it was for modelling....i told the guy....(after inumerable attempts at ignoring him and his comments)man if ur such a big shot why do ya travel in bus... and im more into karate than modelling..that shut him up for gud....

My Unfinished Life said...

hmmm...i know the feeling...i had the same experience once..but not for a film offer though..it was for modelling....i told the guy....(after inumerable attempts at ignoring him and his comments)man if ur such a big shot why do ya travel in bus... and im more into karate than modelling..that shut him up for gud....

Sougata said...

I know of fools like you too...:pppp