Tuesday, December 20, 2005

learning from death....

there r some episodes in our life that we vividly remember... even if years n years pass by... its been 5 years now...

i remember this day 5 years back as if it has happened just yesterday... if i close my eyes i can even remember the expressions on the faces of my family on this day... the look in their eyes... the look of sadness... the look of losing someone close... knowing that he was dying...

id like to requote a verse i had posted long back... its a verse by gulzar... it goes like this...

who knows,
when and where it will strike?
i m more scared of life.
death is okay
it strikes only once.

i saw my papa die right in front of my eyes... he was holding my hand... he was scared... i could sense it... scared not coz he was dying... scared coz he was worried what would happen to us??... but i think he knew we would b ok... we had a wonderful family... who would see to it that we never had ny major problems in life...

my mom... i remember her those days when he was real ill... not once did she cry in front of nyone... the strength that she emanated those days was amazing... all day she'd b with him... while i would run away from all the pain.. go away to my office... just generally be away from home... i would cry in front of her... but not once did she shed tears... i have learnt so much from her... to b strong n practical in life... thanx mom i love u loads... :)

my brother... he is younger to me... i still wonder how he coped with all this... looking after dad, taking him to the docs, looking after the family business... n wat not...

my family... every single day they would visit my dad... 4 months to be precise... for hours they would talk to him.. laugh with him.. cry for him when he wasnt looking... i m so thankful to them... without them i dont know what we would have done... one important thing that i have learnt is how important a family is...

my uncle... he never went home for days together... would stay with papa... all day he would sleep n night he would stay awake with dad... dad could not sleep... he was suffering from cancer... his legs would ache... all nite my uncle would stay with him... help him in his pain... i can never forget what he has done for us... he doesnt have a daughter... when i got married i asked him to b my dad (for the ceremony of kanyadaan).. he cried when i said that... hes my papa now :)...

my friends... tas, darsh, manish, preeti, nirav, my boss and all my office colleagues who saw me cry all day... n supported me... thank you all for being so lovely to me... i remember that day when every single one of you came to see me n help me with my pain.. i remember all your hugs n words of support...

thank you all once again... i have learnt a lot from all of you... all of you have made my life richer n better... i will never forget what you guys have done for me...

n for my papa... i can never forget him... coz i m what i m today because of him...

love u papa where ever u r... :))

laterzzzz all

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

>:D<

Jim said...

your dad is with angels
u neednt cry for him

u r wid devils on the net
u take care hunny


and i watched indian idol yester day

she sang
marna hain sab ko

lekin jiyo ek bar
dil khol ke





.
MERRY X'MAS

Jim said...

i tot i was first
until i saw dat mouse in the corner

Jim said...

scared of life ??
darpok!


wat u sacred of in your life?

dont tell me
i no

u fear u will fall madly in love wid saby
and marry the creep


heyyyyyyyy
u cud do worse


like marrying one of these mouses
who are visiting u like crazy

-Poison- said...

u seem to have a great family :)

messys musings said...

anonymous
thanx dear.. i needed that today morning... :))

saby
i dont bother wth the devils on the net... i got my angels here too...

oh n this isnt the anonymous who u think it is.. hes my frnd... he doesnt blog thats y anonymous.. :)

merry xmas..

poison
yeah a super cool family :)

tulipspeaks said...

hugsss sweetie..

thats all i could say/do..

=am000nie=

PuNeEt said...

awwww dear...

You faced the biggest truth of life...
Hugggzzzzzzzz

That quote reminded me of this famous song...
jindagee to bewafaa hain yek din thhukarayegee
maut mehaboobaa hain apane saath lekar jaayegee


u have lots of courage...
take care

Good Bless U

Dewdrop said...

You are lucky. Feel blessed to be around such loving and caring folks. May your papa's soul rest in peace.

Unknown said...

when i go through fourth para i said to myself 'now lets not read'
i know ma degree of senstiviness could find hard to read your emotions.....i finally read and at the end of the post..i got tears in ma eyes.........


u r truely very brave moonie
hugzzzzzzz
god bless u
wish u merry christmas and happy new year
take care

R said...

You are so lucky to have so many sweet and caring relatives.. unlike me...i have a family full of pretentious souls!

its kinda touchy to read this.. take care.. good to know people are going to be around you..

sittingnut said...

you do have great family and friends. when you are sad think of all that and the fact that your father would be proud of you.

tc.

messys musings said...

am00
thanx

puneet
aww thats a lovely song... :)

zombie
:)

dewdy
yeah ur rite.. n thanx

nitika
awww u cried??... i cried while i was writing this... n u know wat??... we all get brave whn we experience such things...

rohit
thanx rohit... n yeah i got a lovely family... there too.. n even here whn i m married..

jigal
thanx...

sittingnut
hmm yeah.. i want my papa to b proud of me... i always tried to make him feel proud whn i was in school n college... :)

Sudarshan said...

That's a touching post.I'm glad you have recovered..that's life. May god always take care of you and give you courage to handle such situations..You're a brave girl!!

Rupa (BNB) said...

hey moonie Cheer up gal..

This is life, Some people stay forever in our heart..

Take care

strawy said...

ohh diiizz ... ab main kya kahun
mez also in same boat
me miss my dad too
be strong dii
hugssss
love ya

Jackal said...

dont even know u......but have this lump in my throat.....nothing can undo the pain...when u loose some one so dear..though time heals but......glad to hear tht there are ppl arnd u who care..god bless u..tcc byee

Keshi said...

m000nie one reason I got closer to u initially was because u and I shared this one thing among us...the untimely loss of our dads...I have always felt a connection with u becos of this cos I thought u wud see from my angle better than anyone else...cos we experienced the same kind of sorrow.


Ur mum is amzing and I wish her well always. my mum on the other hand didnt get a chance to get used to my dad's illness cos it happened all of a sudden...no warnings nothing...he was dead one morning from his first heart attack. In a way I think it's good for my dad...cos he prolly didnt know he was dying. But I wish I had few last days with him...


~~who knows,
when and where it will strike?
i m more scared of life.
death is okay
it strikes only once.

so true...life can be more scary than death...for it is life that we have to live and if we don't live it well, then we r dying everyday...


Here's a quote hand-picked for ur dad m000nie...

~~Cowards die many times before their deaths...
The valiant never taste of death but once.
--W. Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

Im sure ur dad was a wonderful and a brilliant soul...cos o.w he wouldnt have brought up a wonderful girl like u. I honor ur dad's memory.


Keshi.

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Awwwww...

That was one touching post I read afta a long time...think you'd put up something similar previously too..about your dad.

n for my papa... i can never forget him... coz i m what i m today because of him...
Thats real nice tribute to him.

Take care m000nie piez!!
Hugzzz

Anonymous said...

that was one real moving post...don't know wat to say...take care..

Jewel Rays said...

Hi Ma first time here,

That was a brave & beautiful post. :) And Your mum is a strong women indeeds.:)

And its wonderful to see how family and friends surrounded you.

God bless..

Michelle said...

i love yr papa too and i love u too!!!!!! take care m000nieeee

radiantbear said...

May Lovely,
Happy Times,
Decorate your
Holiday Season,
May Warm, Special
Memories, Brighten your
New Year, May the wonder of
Christmas be with you forever.

R said...

Merry Christmas!!

Have fun! Warm wishes your way!

Jim said...

heyyyy M00nie and all u M00nie crazy guys out here


wishing u guys
a Merry X'Mas
and a Gr8 New Year

Jim said...

Now M00nie put out a Chrismassy - New Year post

uttara said...

m000nie ........

i don't have words to say here ... will talk to u later
HUGZZZZZZZZZZ
missed u ... n did rem u i got lovely darshan n prayed for u too babes

love u girl




keshi.....
its fine its part n parcel of life sweets HUGGGGZZZZZZZ now u gotta be strong by seeing others grieve right ( hope u know wat am saying )


love u too

uttara

PuNeEt said...

whr r u ???

Arun Gopalan said...

Very touching post!

Merry christmas and wish you lots of happiness in the new year

The optimist from utopia said...

Your papa still lives on.. in you and your family.
And that is a great tribute to him. What more could one ask for. He must really be a great man.
Hats off to him and your mother for being so strong when faced with hardships.
May his soul rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Information commerce merchant account Free prescription propecia Investment walmart 401k Audi oem floor mats

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Pain in testicals and penis http://www.onlinedivorce7.info/privateelectronicsurveillanceforinvestigations.html

Sougata said...

He did not die...he lives on inside you. And he will always live on inside you too. When you look at the evening stars, you will see him smiling at you..when in need, you call him, and you will always hear his replies....
None of us dies...we live on...with our memories of things we did, and the laugh we shared.
Dads never die. NEVER...:)