Wednesday, June 17, 2015

George R. R. Martin - You better don't read this


Oh yes! What is life these days, if you haven't discussed and dissected Game of Thrones? If you haven't made your own stories out of the ones they show or if you haven't had your own (a few hundred) conspiracy theories?

Last night I was out for coffee with friends and my ex-student dropped in to meet me. After 2 minutes and 30 seconds of 'How are you?' and 'How much I've missed you!' and 'What are you up to these days?', he plopped next to me and asked, "So what do you think of Jon Snow's death?"

And so the story unfolds..

Me: As Martin states, 'All men must die', Valar Morghulis.

Dhruv: Oh come on! I think Jon Snow will come back to life.

Me: (now confused) Kaise?

Dhruv: Arey woh apni Melisandre kab kaam aayegi? There is a conspiracy theory that she will bring him back to life.

(Err conspiracy?? Anyway.. )

Me: This is a good one Dhruv. I always wanted Jon Snow to marry Daenerys and rule the seven kingdoms.

Dhruv: Wow! That would be wonderful. Specially if he turns out to be a Targaryen.

Me: Is he a Targaryen? You think so?

Dhruv: Oh yes, why not? Maybe Ned Stark lied about him. He could be Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen's son.

Me: (Ab ye kahan se aaya?) Yes yes. Possible.

Dhruv: See! Now Jon can marry his sister Daenerys and the story can end here. After all a Targaryen brother can marry his sister.

Me: (grinning evilly) But then who will look after the wall?

Dhruv: (giving me the 'why would someone care about the wall now?' kinda look) Hmm.. I'm sure there will be someone Martin can think of.

Me: I hope he thinks of Brienne of Tarth. She is amazing.

Dhruv: And I hope Martin does not read this.

Over and out.


No comments: