Thursday, July 21, 2005

unexpected smiles :)

sometimes it so happens that people surprise us with their wonderful gestures... these r some of my best surprising moments... do share yours too...

(1) it was 2 months after my papa expired. we were all going through a rough emotional phase. my mom knew i was missing papa a lot. so she planned a surprise trip for me to dubai. my neighbor was going there for some days and mom thought i should join her and get a breather. i never knew she was planning all this. but unfortunately all her plans went haywire cause i got engaged and planned a wedding soon after :(... but it sure was a surpirse when i knew she had planned all this for me.

(2) one of my friends cousin liked me a lot. he used to call me every 15 days n propose marriage to me. but i wasn't sure i liked him that way so i would always decline. this happened some years back when he asked me out for my birthday. i would have declined but he insisted on meeting me. i didn't have the heart to decline after that so i agreed. we met at a coffee shop and he gifted me the most wonderful silver anklets i had ever seen. i didn't want to accept them. but one look at his face and i couldn't say a no to him. this is the best gift i have ever received from a friend. whenever i wear them people always ask me from where did i get them. lol what do i say????

(3) i was at my moms place some months back. whenever i go there i try to meet up most of my friends. so i called manish and asked him if we could meet up. he said he was just leaving for his office at thane for some urgent work and asked me to go along with him. i was a little skeptical because i know hes one hell of a busy guy. but he insisted and i accepted. so he picked me up and we headed for thane. we reached his office and he finished his work in half an hour. then he took me to a hill near thane called the yeour hill. (he knows i love hills n mountains). now his company maintains a 'gaushala' (cowshed) there. so we went to see that place. it was such a lovely place with all greenery around and so many cows so well kept. i sure was surprised because i didn't expect to be taken to such a lovely place. what happens when u meet an old friend?? at the most you meet them for lunch at a restaurant or for coffee or for dinner or a drink. but this was so very different for me. it was a wonderful experience and i won't ever forget it.

(4) it was mar 2001. now there was this fantastic movie 'dhadkan' that had released some months back. i had missed it and wanted to watch it. but the movie wasn't showing in any theatres around. the cd's of the movie were released but not readily available. i went in search for them at so many places but couldn't get them. i was newly engaged then. i had just mentioned to rakesh (my hubby now) that i wanted to watch this film. the next day when i got home from work i was surprised to see this cd lying on my desk and when mom told me who had sent it i was truly elated. i still don't know how he managed to get them but i really liked the effort he went through to get me one. look at me i m still smiling :) hehe

(5) i know this sounds weird but i m thankful to whoever it was who invented blogging and chatting ;) hehe... i can't imagine my regular routine day without keshis wonderful notes, tans sweet messages on my shoutmix, z00ns bizarreness, sebias sword, dewdys amazing posts and my muses 'hi good morning angel'...

32 comments:

Invincible said...

Me first !!
Now, i will read ur post and comment :-)

--pearl-- said...

awww sooo sweett..

ther r soo many sweet incidences dat i have had in my life..i cant even fit them in... :D

ufff..ill think of a few goods ones..n cum back here.. :)

Invincible said...

hey, thts an honest introspection :)

1. so u missed Dubai :( ..
2. hehe .. (i now know wot u did last summer ..)
3. Yeur is a beautiful place :-) perfect setting for meeting old pals.
4. hmmm.. i can see u blushing :)
5. lolol. it's a kind of sweet addiction .. there r so many wonderful ppl out der .. it jes gives chance to vibe with them :)

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

:-)
Seemingly small things do make really big differences :-)

The Lil fairy & her angel friends said...

wow u r luky u r loved so much!!

Dewdrop said...

Very heartwarming post, musing. Sweet surprising gestures like so pile up in our memory bank. I never knew of a place called Yeor. I must visit this hillside next time around there.

Keshi said...

As usual an extremely mesmerising post...I never really thought abt these moments before...but after reading ur moments of smilezz, I'm realising that it takes a beautiful soul like ur's to stop n think abt em...so I guess u deserve every one of those unexpected curves on ur face because ur exceptional...

One recent event for me was when I wished for Pink Lilies on my bday (just in my head) and I really received them from my sis...that was like unbelievable...I was overwhelmed :)

Wow u really like my notes Eyezzz? Well same goes to u...I cant imagine my day w.o checking any of ur beautiful blogs...it's just too wonderful a feeling to even express in words...

Muah!
Keshi.

Tanvi said...

awww eyez..an amazin post! hmm we all have our sharez of these unexpected but amazin momentz...hmm i've had some too..but cant think of any rite now..so i'll get back to u on that...lolll u like my messagez? aww now i should message a bit more:p

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Kewl..
Unexpected smiles haan...I liked reading it musings...

as of my experience...heres one that happend last evening while I went for meeting with my boss in Delhi..

Z000nie...your performance on the first project was awesome...client has enjoyed it...keep up the good work.

I had this expected smile on my face. I was waiting for him to say those magical words...You can fly back home tomorw after office. But then...

Z000nie, client has asked both of you to stay back. We have signed a new contract which means, company's gonna make more profit. Excellent job

I had this unexpected smile with anger building up in top of my head...

I'm bored Musings....I wanna go back home :(

Awwwwww....Would luv to continue with my bizarrness for the most amazing person I'd met online. Hugzzzzzzzzzz

Enchanted Mind said...

Hey
Tx for dropping by my blog.....

However, I'm running short of time so much the last couple of weeks that I ahvent looked into any of your blogs. Will do it soon.....

At a glance I realised that papa had expired....My prayers for him.

messys musings said...

lol invincible doesnt it feel nice to b the first to read someones blog?? hehe.. toonie(tanvi), kookie(keshi) n moonie (thats me) used to have a race as to who reaches zoonies (arz00n) blog first... toonies been beating me lately but now she wont coz shes coming to india ;)...
n haan i love blogging n chatting..so many varied people n so much fun

pearlie sweetie m waiting for ur comments...

hey kroops rite u r


hey unaiza wcome to my blog... yeah i m really lucky... n i like ur name... wat does it mean???

dewdy.. u come here n i take u to yeour... its a sort of mini matheran.. theres some resort there.. i think its country club... we'll go n picnic there..come soon... :)

lol keshi pink lilies..so lovely... n u know what i think all of u here have a wonderful n beautiful soul... n i mean it when i say i love ur notes...


toonie get back soon with ur experiences... bfore u go... m waiting...


ohhhh z00nie m i so wonderful??? thats so sweet of u... n i m really sad that u cant make it here (n that i miss ur bday party n my fererros)... awwwwww damn... n lol the part of unexpected smile with anger building up was funny.. i can just imagine ur face ;)

hugs to all

messys musings said...

hey phantom thanx... no hassles get bak whn u r free... bye to u...

Keshi said...

aww huggggz moonie!luv ur new nic too :)

Zoonie calm down...even from Delhi u still can reach us na..lol...so be happy swt hrt :) Time will fly and in no time u will be home...take it easy!

Keshi. eh...I mean Kookie. lol!

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

@Keshi
Thats the only reliever for me right now...being in touch with my "virtual family" online...You guys are just amazing...hats off to T000nie, M00nie and K00kie...No matter how busy I am and how bad day starts here, I always look forward to spend some moments with you all. That brings smile on me.

And yes, thanks for your TRIO for almost pulling me outta my depression I was going through by all your comments which make me blog every morning. Hugs :)

messys musings said...

awww z00n so sweet... by the way did u eat all those sweets to talk so sweet stuff today morning ;)

n so nice of calling us ur family... i think its really good to know all of u

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

naaah..they are all packed up..
Im still keeping my fingers crossed taht I get to visit Mumbai for a week atleast ...else will eat most of them after office instead of throwing away..

messys musings said...

oh z00n do visit i know how much u wanna get here... or else gimme ur bosses number i'll bonk him on his head with sebiaz sword... how dare he harass my pal...;)

p¡£®®£ said...

Hmm....Small things really makes a huge difference!!!

Bingo Kroopz!!! ;-)

Tanvi said...

lollll zoonie..ur gonna make me cry..sheesh i noe im special but dun say it on my face..i get a bit too high..lol miss me on ur blogz now...lol...damn this is like an addiction..n moooniee...u can get to his blog now:D..even wen i get back..cuz i come back on the 4th..and my skool startz on the 6th...then no first commentz from toonie:(...trust me im gonna miss doin that lol..the proud feelin i get wen i beat u n keshi..heheee now u n keshi can compete..n plz plz plz dun find a replacement for toonie!

Michelle said...

ur damn lucky ta have ppl tht care bout u so much!
certain thinz make u forget the fact that the world is no more a place wer u can attain eternal bliss...then again,these lill gestures make u feel tht the world aint a bad place afta all.
:)

messys musings said...

hi gangadhar thanx

peterrrrr where have u been???

toonieeeee sweetie i love it whn u beat me on z00ns blog... ufff n u think theres a replacement to toonie, zoonie n kookie??? silly gal... no one can replace any of u babez... so now gimme a smile n have fun on ur trip to india... oh n get us all some e-gifts ;)..hehe ... oh n eat some rasgolla on my behalf ...muahhhhhhhhh to u

fay i know i m very lucky... i thank God for that...

sandeip said...

smiles warmly

Vinz said...

hey nice post....

Even am surrounded by lots whom i love and who loves me...

cant write it in a comment post bcoz there are lotz of it...

But i wud lov to share a recent one happnd whn i was comg back from my home.I had a shrt vacation and there was a function at home...So actually speaking i was very busy thru out th schedule.After that hectic vacation when i was leaving my sister came to me and asked for my mobile.I gave thinking she might hav to call someone or message, as usual. And just before i was leavg she handed over th mobile to me. Her eyes were wet and said me to go thru the draft folder in it.She had saved a message for me.After all byes and hugs i left. i checked the message and it read,"etta,i wanted to talk to you a loooots of things. But my stupid project and this function didnt even give me time to spend with you personally.I hate myself for that.Hope i can catch u later."

Let me tell after seeing her wet eyes and reading that message i was overwhelmed by the warmth of her love.A feeling i cant express...

Keep writing...

Vinz said...

etta in the previous comment means brother in my mother tongue...malayalam

Srikar said...

it's really great that you have foun the love of your life.

such seemingly small things too make such big change isn't it??

btw, the 'eyes' pictue is awesome. if that's yours then you have got an awesome pair...

Anonymous said...

Hey Musings thanks a lot :)for the support :)

messys musings said...

wordy keep smiling :)

whoa vinu doesnt it feel nice??.. thats what i meant when i said unexpected smiles... it makes u feel so good n loved... this is what we should achieve in life.. nothin else...

skikar... yeah m real lucky to find love... as i keep on saying there r so many people in this world who dont even know wats love... i m very lucky to have found one...
oh n naah that isnt my eye... but then i wouldnt say i wish i had those eyes... i got good colored eyes too ;)

oh avik thanx...

oh n anz ur welcome... do visit again

Ashish Gupta said...

hey was darn busy with someone all these days ;;)

hence no new posts, also was moving the blog so ....

thanks for dropping by; blogrolled you; chk out the new post on a new blog :)

Keshi said...

awwwww I'm in a pool of tears here reading zoonie's comment...he called me part of his virtual family wow! I'm so touched!! huggggggggggggggggggggz zoonie, moonie, tonnie n all the friends here who always makes me smile, becos it means alot to have people who care for u even on the net...luv ya all!

toonie no we will never replace ya...ur too cute for that gurrl!

Keshi.

messys musings said...

hey ashish its fine... will chk ur blog ...

keshi babezzzz i know it was so nice to b called a family here..way to go 000nies hehe

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »